Friday 15 November 2013

Creation's Whisper



  
A poem in the spirit of Saint Francis.



Through Your works
I gaze at You, O Artist Divine.
Each work a revelation
Of Your Love sublime.

Brother stone he tells me,
Your Love steadfast shall endure.
While sister ocean she tells me,
Your Love is immense.

Brother tree he tells me,
Your Love as shade gives shelter.
While sister grass she tells me,
Your Love is gently kind.

Brother vine he tells me,
Your Love yearns to embrace us.
While sister flower she tells me,
Your Love is beauty.

Brother sky he tells me,
Your Love calls out for our flight.
While sister earth she tells me,
Your Love is womb of life.

Brother sun he tells me,
Your Love as daylight it blinds.
While sister moon she tells me;
Your Love is guiding night.

Now blinded I stumble,
And blinded I gaze.
Blinded in Love
At Your Unfathomable ways.

Eyes I have not, but ears
And hands shall make do.
Blinded in Love
I’ll hear and feel my way to You.

O brother, O sister,
Whisper the way;
For through your song

I shall taste Eternal Day.



+Heel of Christ+
05/11/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment