The Holy Spirit never does the same work twice; for with God all things are new; and those who abide in Him, go from glory to glory, newness to newness. As the Holy Spirit says in Isaiah: "Behold I do a new thing" [Is 43:19]. Each work of the Spirit is likewise unique, and moves all of creation towards the same unending-end: the Creator of all things.
Simply put, the New Spirituality perfectly involves a living in the House of Nazareth, with Mary and Joseph for Jesus; and involves as follows:
- A 'True Devotion' to Mary (St. Louis De Montfort); where one lives with, in and through Mary, as the Immaculate path to Jesus; and the Rosary is integral to this way of life; for with the Rosary, one prays with the Heart of Mary.
- Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration; whereby one never leaves the Presence of the Holy Infant, not by physical distance but by an enduring spiritual proximity of intimacy. Just as the home of Nazareth was a chapel of Perpetual Adoration, so must ones heart become as such.
- An abiding in the Divine Will, that is in the Eucharistic-Heart of Christ the Divine Will Incarnate; the very manifestation of God's Love and Mercy. This abiding is the plunging ever deeper and deeper into the Water of the Father, the Blood of the Son and the Fire of the Spirit; that is deeper into the Heart of the Trinity; made flesh in Christ who is Holy Eucharist.
Practical Recommendations to Live this powerful New Spirituality: (Our Lady of Fatima)
- To live the Commandments; avoiding sin and tempting situations- guarding ones senses
- To make daily mass; or at least as often as one can.
- To make at least a weekly Holy Hour, and ideally a daily Holy Hour yet this is impossible for some people, thus one should strive to do as much as one is able to do (i.e. Three Holy Hours a week).
- Sign up to a Perpetual Adoration roster if this is possible.
- To die to self, thus ones own will; loving God through ones neighbour in our daily tasks, our work, school, family and in alms giving (charity).
- To live a 'True Devotion' to Mary [Read: 'True Devotion' by St. Louis De Montfort]
- To pray the Rosary Daily [Read: 'Secret of the Holy Rosary' by St. Louis De Montfort]
- To make frequent confessions: ideally once every week, or at minimum once per month (whilst the faithful are only obliged at the least to go once a year).
- To make continual acts of penance both exterior mortification such as fasting on a set day or days (i.e. Wednesday and Friday) and most importantly practicing interior-mortification's.
- To pray daily and throughout the day: praying from the heart and spending at least some time in silence, basking in the Presence of God such as before one sleeps.
- Make regular Spiritual Communions, Hail Mary's, Interior shouts of praise and reparations, uniting yourself to God in all tasks, including cleaning or even showering!
- To wear the Brown Scapular and to live out one's consecration to our Lady
- To surround yourself with good company; with people who build up one's faith (e.g. youth groups, prayer groups etc.).
- To read Scripture: at least weekly delve into the Word of God; yet ideally ponder on a few verses or a chapter each day; perhaps by practicing Lectio Divina.
- To read spiritual texts: mainly writings of the Saints [e.g. Divine Mercy in My Soul, Way of Perfection, Story of a Soul, Imitation of Christ etc.].
- To focus on Christ: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you". [Mt 6:33]. [To not make a god, an idol of material goods, of a moral cause, of self, other persons or ones vocation; for one degree off focus, is off focus].
- Always pray before you sleep, even if it's just 3 Hail Mary's, for the power of prayer is ridiculously intense though often disguised to our perceptions which can register only the exterior-miracles and not the interior. We ought to say goodnight to our Heavenly Father before we sleep, and we should thank Him for the blessings of the day that had been. Often before we sleep it is best to do three things: Repent, Thank and Adore. For who knows if we will wake in the morning?
- To make a morning offering and to have the intention to live out the day ahead for the Glory of God and for the Salvation for souls.
- "When rising, you must praise and adore God for His goodness in sparing you to see another day. Never, never leave the room where you have slept – no matter what the hurry of your business may be – without saying at least three Our Fathers and Hail Marys in honor of the ever-Blessed Trinity, to place yourself under God’s protection for the day. This will take you only a few minutes. “Then you must offer to God all your actions for the day that they may belong to Him! Oh! What merit you will have for any action thus offered to Him!"
MORNING OFFERING TO CHRIST THE GREAT HIGH PRIEST
‘This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it’ Ps 118:24Eternal Father, ‘here I am, I have come to do Thy Will’ for Thy glory and good pleasure. Thus O Jesus, Son of the Most High, I approach Thy Cross the Great Altar, as naked as I came into this world; and with, in and through the Immaculate Womb of Thy Mother, I place all that I am and do today, as well as all of creation upon the Altar of Thy Majesty.
Therefore O Christ my Beloved, who art the Great High Priest, consecrate this my offering; of my day, and my whole self; my every word, thought, deed and action; my every breath, step and intention; so that all that I am and do become as Consecrated Hosts, raised high in Thy Mighty Hands.
Then consume me and be fed by the bread of Thy Father’s Will; and distribute me to Thyself, who hungers and starves in all souls where Thou art neglected.O win for Thy Son St. Joseph, I the bread for the Father’s Table; and bake me O Mother in the furnace of Thy Heart, where the Spirit of Fire roars ablaze. In the furnace of Thy Heart Sweet Mother, I offer every grace, merit and indulgence that I receive; asking that Thou keep safe what I give Thee, and that Thou do with it as Thy please. I also place all that I am and do today, as coals into Thy Heart, to be transfigured into diamonds worthy for Thy Son the Almighty King.
-In honour of the Divine Trinity: Our Father… (thrice)
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all the trust of Mary into Thee; save all souls, purify and humble all hearts, so that all Creation may abide in the Will of our Father, which is Love and Mercy itself.
-For the intentions of the Holy Mother: Hail Mary… (thrice)
Increase in me O Lord, and assist me to decrease; let Thy Will be done in and through me; as with the lips of the Immaculate Bride I say: ‘let it be done unto me, according to Thy Will’.
-To fill the void owed by creation to God's Glory: Glory Be… (thrice)
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit; I kiss Thee with the lips of Mary and shout out in song: fiat, fiat, fiat!