Wednesday, 28 May 2014

A Prayer to the Little Ones

A prayer to the little ones of God's Kingdom; the meek, simple, humble and innocent ones.

O favourites of the Father,
Teach me your playful games;
For by them He bursts with laughter,
Calling you funny names.


 O I too want to be simple,
And I want to be small.
Therefore pray I become little,
And smaller than you all.

O happy delights of the Son,
Lend me your daring cheek.
He swoons from your kisses of fun;
As learnt from He the meek.


O I too want to be simple,
And I want to be small.
Therefore pray I become little,
And smaller than you all.

O little joys of the Spirit,
Give me your childish love;
Which compels our Dove to visit,
With happy flame above.


O I too want to be simple,
And I want to be small.
Therefore pray I become little,
And smaller than you all.

27th May, 2013